Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Political Woes

I don't know what to say. There was a time when I would be so out-spoken about politics. Especially situations that are going on right now in our federal government. But to be honest with you, all the discussions, comments on the computers, casual conversations I'm hearing, and other avenues of releasing one's opinion is really discouraging me. Those who knows me on a more personal level knows my political views and know that I can be very critical of activities carried out by our elected officials, whether federal, state, or local. But I believe that most of those I hear ranting and raving are less informed that I am and are just going along with the crowd.

I admit that I know little of all the fine print involved in the recent health thingy, but it was obvious that the public was not for it and that elected officials went against those who voted them in to represent them. Come election time they will be out there with all kind of reasoning why. And that is when the voices can be heard. But beyond that subject, how can we as American Christians confront this?

My suggection is this. Be a representive of Christ. Allow Christ to shine through you. Refrain from hate talk, speaking of things we don't know as facts, and be encouraging to one another. Negative talk brings about negative response. I don't know about you but I believe that there is enough negativity in this world. Why add to it.

Be the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Jesus said so. Do yourself a favor. Take a kid fishing.

In His Service,
Pastor Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment