Monday, July 29, 2013

A Rainbow in Every Walk

Ericka's Rainbow
  My youngest daughter Ericka and I went for a walk this afternoon. It was a short walk, just a few blocks down the street to the Post Office and we even took Bud, our dog with us. Bud was excited to get out and enjoy the neighborhood a little, and I enjoyed the opportunity to share the time with Ericka, just walking and talking.

  By the time we got to the Post Office, it had started to sprinkle or drizzle, depending on what part of North Carolina you're from I guess. Anyway, we began to walk a little faster, laughing along the way. Ericka had taken the cap off my head saying she needed it more than I did, and if you know me then you know she's correct. By the time we had arrived back at the house we were a little damp and of course the sun began to shine again.

  She went into the house but I stayed outside and soon spotted it. It, was a b-e-a-u-tiful rainbow. Calling Ericka back outside, we just stood there and stared at it for a little while. I said to Ericka, "See what you get for walking with your dad, a rainbow." She took out her phone and took a picture of it and said "I got it."

  We should find a rainbow in every walk we take with those we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment